Why the change?
Facebook says they are only doing what their users asked for, showing less business posts in their news feeds.
According to people they surveyed, they said there are some consistent traits that make organic posts feel too promotional:
- Posts that solely push people to buy a product or install an app
- Posts that push people to enter promotions and sweepstakes with no real context
- Posts that reuse the exact same content from ads
How the change effects your Facebook Business page
Beginning in January 2015, people will see less of this type of promotional content in their News Feeds. All of this means that Pages that post promotional creative should expect their organic distribution to fall significantly over time.
What do you need to do to keep your Business Facebook page posts seen?
- Shorter posts 100-250 characters
- Post photos and videos get more engagement than text only posts
- Ask your fans questions
- Tell fans things
- Pay to boost your posts
In order to beat Facebook at its own game, you have to be clever and have posts that engage people and not try to sell in your posts.
If you want to sell, you still can, you just have to pay for it in a boosted post.
We hope this helps you learn more about Facebook's important changes. Please let us know if you need any help with your Business Facebook page or have any questions.
Melissa & Kasha